Featured Quote

Featured Quote:
I see a beautiful city.... and a brilliant people, rising from this abyss..... I see the lives, for which I lay down my life - peaceful, useful, prosperous and happy..... I see that I hold a sanctuary in their hearts, and in the hearts of their descendants, generations hence..... It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known......
- Tale of Two Cities and also The Dark Knight Rises

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I've Just Got Tagg'd!!!

Well, it’s been long since I wrote a blog. Though I’m not short of topics to write something on, but don’t find time to write one, and don’t get net access to put it up. So anyways, since I got tagged today, thought of well, you see, it sounds interesting, and not that difficult too. So here I’m, putting my blog, after a very loooooong time.

The Fantastic Four –

Jobs I’ve had:
• Infosys – Supposedly my dream job
• Infosys – As a CAD/CAM Engineer
• Infosys – As a Software Engineer
• Infosys – It has been only Infosys all along…

Films I could watch again and again: As you know, I hate Bollywood films. But still would like to include one Hindi movie, worth mentioning -
1. Dil Chahta Hai – Three Close friends, just fresh out of college, trying to shape an identity for themselves and at the same time making most of this thing called Life. Bollywood has never got better than this.
2. Terminator 2 : The Judgement Day – Do I need to say anything about this movie?!! ohh.. BTW…. how many of you know that T1000 imitates American Bald Eagle’s head movements?!!
3. Matrix Trilogy – Sci-fi, Slow-Mo, Bullet-Time, Mythology, Action, Romance, Special Effects, Fashion, Style, Dialogues, multi-layered storyline and what not… everything about this movie rocks… Possibly the future of Terminator Trilogy.
4. Lord of the Rings – The plot could never be so simple, yet the story could never be so fascinating. J.R.R.Tolkien is a master story teller, and Peter Jackson has an unmatched Power of Imagination and Artistic Quotient.

Places I’ve lived in:
1. Nagpur- Born and brought up in Nagpur, the heart of India.
2. Pune – An awesome blend of a fairly big Indian City and a Metropolis. This city simply ROCKS!!!
3. Mysore – A small town from Karnataka, with a rich cultural and historical heritage is now trying to make it big on the International IT map. It still has a long way to go. Sadly, the only thing that is really cool in this city right now is – Infy Mysore.
4. Chennai – Though better than Mysore, still it gets me wondering why people call it a Metropolis!!

TV series I like to watch: Get me books and get me Satellite TV, and I can spend the rest of my life on Pluto.
1. F*R*I*E*N*D*S – When the chips are down, this is the only non living thing in the world that can cheer me up instantly – whether it is the theme song or recollecting a joke from any of those episodes. It is like I have got 6 virtual friends.
2. C.S.I. – All three: Las Vegas, Miami and NY – The lines between Medical Investigators and Crime Detectives have got blurred. The story lines are complicated, the presentation is faultless.
3. The OC – Lives of the wealthy and the indulging people of the Orange County, Newport, USA. The central characters are a group of 4 teenagers and their guardians. And yes, the golden rule of the series – Parties are meant to crash.
4. Extreme Machines/Megastructures – The best series ever on Discovery Channel – covered right from Space Shuttles, Channel Tunnel boring machines to Suspension bridges, World Trade Centre (NY)

Places that I’ve been on vacation to: I haven’t been much of a vacation guy, but still there are some amazing places I have been to.
1. Panchmarhi – Situated 100 kms from Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh, in the heart of India – The Vindhyas, this is my favourite vacation spot so far. About 150 waterfalls, unexplored mountains, deep valleys… absolutely amazing place. Been to this place twice till now.
2. Sinhagad - If you have been to Pune, and not seen Sinhagad, you’ve not seen anything! Very ideal place for a one day outing… (especially when it is in the middle of the night… eh eh….)
3. Murud (Konkan) – no… not the one famous for the Janjira fort, this is some other village, right on the shores of Arabian Sea. Totally virgin beach and very little commercialization have preserved the freshness of this place. I usually visit this place every year, in April.
4. Mysore – All the places in and around Mysore. No matter how much I despise living in Mysore, there’s no point in denying the fact that there are so many options for a nice, short vacation around Mysore – especially since you can do a biking trip to see these places. Places worth mentioning are – Infy Mysore (:O), Waynad, Ooty & Gopalaswamybetta. And not to mention the ever awesome weather.

Websites I visit everyday:
1. Believe it or not – Google Earth: seen all the amazing places from an e-bird’s POV.
2. Wikipedia – All the stuff in my coffee-time mails comes generally from this site.
3. Orkut – Even I have not been spared from the Scrapping Syndrome.
4. GMail – The best mailer since USA.Net

Books I’d love to read again and again:
1. Red Storm Rising – Tom Clancy
2. Entire Harry Potter series – J.K.Rowling
3. Timeline – Michael Crichton
4. The Temple – Matthew Reilly

Favorite dishes: (apart from whatever my Aai cooks)
1. Aamrakhanda and Poori
2. Steaming rice, plain dal (not fried) & ghee
3. Absolutely anything with Paneer, especially Smokin Joe’s Chilly Paneer Pizza
4. Anything with chocolate - chocolate cake, chocolate milkshake etc. etc……

Places where I’d like to be right now:
1. Home Sweet Home – Would love to get a “Champi” from my Aai right now.
2. Pune – With my friends, having a good job with a reasonable pay-scale & own place to stay - my Great Indian Software Dream.
3. Anywhere on the western seaboard, USA.
4. Moon – People from ISRO… are you listening??!! Rakesh Sharma, Kalpana Chawla, Sunita Williams, Gaurav Dandekar :)

People I’m gonna tag:
1.
Smiley
2.
Shanny
3. Amu
4.
Shivkant

3 comments:

KT said...

he he... the great indian software dream.... eh.... that was funny....

but just one thing... why did u choose to go to Panchmarhi from South India when there were other lots of other options.....

let the frenzy move on...

Unknown said...

Arey I have visited Panchmarhi twice when I was staying in Nagpur :) !!!

KT said...

hmm... that's interesting....

chalo keep posting... and keep tagging on and on....